Weight training is basically a form of strength training. The main objective of weight training for women is to increase the size of one’s skeletal muscles. Weight training also develops the strength of muscles. Dumbbells, weighted bars or weight stacks provide the necessary force of gravity during training. The muscle contraction opposes these forces. This ultimately develops and strengthens various muscle groups.
WOMEN WEIGHT TRAINING
The basic principles of weight training apply both to men and women. When the various muscle groups are subjected to strain during training, they tear as they try to adapt. Proteins aid the muscle fibers to repair and build more tissue. The tissue mass is increased over time. This allows the muscles to cope with increased strain during training. As a result, the muscles bulk up and become stronger.
Men generally have markedly more testosterone than women. Testosterone is a hormone in the human body that is responsible for significant muscle mass. This is the main reason why men gain large muscle mass and strength when weight training than women.
Women Weight Training Effects
The overall effects of women weight training remain the same fundamentally. Women actively involved in weight training acquire lean muscle mass. This helps them to burn more calories. This effectively reduces fat deposits around the abdominal area. Weight training women will experience shapely legs and arms. Their body contours will become distinct as a result.
One effect that will be noted with women weight training is an increase in strength. The weight training will result in the muscles adapting to cope with the increased strain. This means weight training women will have increased strength levels over time.
Weight Training Tips for Women
It is important during weight training for women to observe the following basic tips:
1. Before the weight training exercises, a warm-up session is important for women. The warm up session will ensure that their muscles and central nervous system are physiologically prepared. Warm ups usually activate the skeletal muscles. Blood flow to the muscles is also increased.
2. It is important that weight training women should start with relatively light weights when starting out. As they become comfortable and feel safe as time progresses, they can gradually increase the weights.
3. A few reps of weight lifting routine for women heavy weights should do the trick. Weight training women should ensure that they perform three sets of three reps each. It is important to stretch in between. Rest is imperative in between the same.
4. In order to ensure that the weight training results are proportional, balanced sessions are important. The weight training sessions for women should focus on different muscle groups at different times. Upper body workouts should be allocated specific times. Leg and lower body weight training sessions should receive similar treatment.
5. High-intensity intervals are important for women in weight training. The interval chosen for the training session should not be an exercise in futility. Women trainers should strike a balance and ensure the interval is challenging enough.
Women weight training will ultimately develop lean and shapely bodies. When done the right way, women engaged in weight training will have sexy bodies. At the same time, they will be stronger and have a hard physique. Be sure to visit Ladies Lifting for more information on this topic.